Monday, January 16, 2006

A Quarter

Yesterday 16th January I successfully completed 25 years on the third rock from the sun. I tried waking up early to go to church … managed to wake up by 6, went to attend the mass …but by the time I reached church the mass was already over… so I just sat there in church for some time … not praying…just sitting there … maybe reflecting on life.

Reached office to find that my team mate had sent out mails to whoever was on the mailing lists of my friends …mind it … he didn’t mail it to ppl on my mailing list …. But the mailing list of my friends…. So I started getting birthday wishes from ppl I had never heard of before!! I got more wises from ppl whom I didn’t know than from my own friends, most of ‘em forgot, but then I aint much better either, so I have even appointed Icy as my official ‘Birthday Reminder’ :D

Afternoon, met up with Icy for the first time after that prank, luckily she forgot all abt it, she got me a gift ,but seemed disappointed coz I guessed what it was when she asked me to guess … with Icy it has to be blue and it will be aquatic. She gave me a pen holder with 3 blue dolphins …. Now that her Bday is next I tried finding out what she wanted, I’ll blog abt that some other time. We did some catching up, and then returned to work. she tried to pull a prank on me by making her teamm8’s call up and wish me …but then, I had been receiving wishes from ppl I didn’t know the whole day, so it didn’t have the affect she wanted LOL… she still is an amateur.

There were no plans to party in the evening . The guys get back from work only by 8- 8:30 and one of my roomie’s works the graveyard shift from 00:45 Am …so he sleeps through the evening. By the time I had my bath one roomie got back from work …another friend was supposed to come and we tot we’d go out for dinner…

Earlier the evening a friend’s sister messaged me asking me how my day was … I said it was just like any other Lousy day, no cake, no party …. Just me and the TV. Within half an hr one guy comes knocking at my door with a cake. Now I never expected her to send me a cake just coz I told her my Bday was lousy , and I must tell u I was quite touched. That the cake and the icing ended up more on my face and hair than anyone’s stomach, and that I had a tough time washing away all the cream is a different matter altogether, but this was a real Surprise Party all thanks to her.

Finally we never went out for the dinner and the party has been planned for Saturday night …when everyone can get sloshed without worrying abt work the next morning. Whatever itz gonna be I’m sure I’ll be broke by the end of this week… but then again … itz my birthday

12 Comments:

Blogger Dinesh Babuji said...

Grr...the call from most popular guy in UK is not mentioned..lol. No issues. Happy Birthday anywayz! :D yenjoy machaa.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

awww Varkey it was ur bday on the 16th? I didnt even know...BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES to ya!


**I said it was just like any other Lousy day, no cake, no party ….

awwww..........Im glad a cake somehow got to ur house :)


Enjoy in Sat...br broke once in a while...cos that shows u r well and alive, not just existing :):)

Have fun!
Keshi.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

@Din ...

Dhanx mate :D ... Ur the only Guy who remembered and called :D

@Keshi

Thanks Keshi :) ... U didnt know my Bday,Ur forgiven ...coz i dont think i know urs *grin*

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Hi Varkey,

HAPPY BELATED B-day!! and that was so sweet the surprise cake. WOW............:)

so I have even appointed Icy as my official ‘Birthday Reminder’ :D

hahaha..DO u really have to do that??? when u got people not knowing you wishing you. *smiles*

Cheers to ya year!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

thanks amy :)

Icy has been appointed to remind Me of Other's birthdays... and i am really bad wit dates !!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

choo chweet of her....

>>so I have even appointed Icy as my official ‘Birthday Reminder’

Ah, what a good offer! ;P


Enjoy on SAT!

Cheers!
:)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Wow..... I liked this post.. :)

And yeah... I kinda forgot to kill u yesterday while I had the chance.. hehehe... forgot all abt the "prank"...

I'm happy that it didn't turn out that boring for u and u had lotssss of butter and cream to take off ur hair..!! lol...

Icy has been appointed to remind Me of Other's birthdays... and i am really bad wit dates !!

Absoultely no excuse if u forget my bday... U wud be as good as DEAD MEAT!!!!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

DEAD MEAT!!!!!!!!!!! SCARED ;)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Mine is on the 25th of June...:)

Keshi.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

haha Keshi u a Germini?? The wonder we are so alike..hahaha:P

8:50 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

Varkey, you've been TAGGED! Check out ma blog!

cheers!
:)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

how can i forget ur Bday ... after all u share ur Bday with the 'one and only' ... :)

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home