Monday, November 14, 2005

Patience is a Virtue

Patience is a virtue. And I think I am a very patient person. I was not born patient. It takes a lot of help to become patient. I must thank the computer in my room for helping me become a patient person. My comp is a 64 mb, 633 MHz P3. Be it playing new games or trying out software, my comp taught me that Patience is the Key. I never knew that NFS was so much fun in slow-motion.

After a while my computer decided that I have graduated from my ‘Basic’ Patience training and needed to be on the ‘Intermediate’ level. It got together with the keyboard and started my training; the space bar, the ‘a’ and the ‘i’ key decided to stop working. Now this was a bit tougher than the Basic level, but I managed to clear that too.Other keys were introduced gradually to this list, and it helped My patience was growing.

All was not well with my computer and the keyboard. There was major communication gap between them, the keyboard decided when it wanted to work and when it didn’t, when I type something, the keyboard decided to tell the comp a completely different thing. To overcome this test of patience, I typed in all the characters and Numbers and started using the mouse to copy paste them to write what I wanted. Now the keyboard has decided that it wanted to Quit. It doesn’t work for my comp anymore. But with the mouse and the full character set on a notepad + my now ‘Expert’ level Patience I work very well on my comp.

Now, that my computer has finished teaching me patience. It is going to help me relieve stress. I read somewhere that smashing stuff helps in relieve stress.Oh, How I love my computer.

It is times like this, when you are waiting for someone to come back online half an hour after they said 1 sec that you realize that Patience is really your virtue.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nisha said...

See what a great influence I am for u... A true friend I truly am... ;) muhahahahaa....

Sorry dear, but can't chat without doing any work in office...right??

Plus I ain't as lucky as you... U HAVE WORK IN A WEEK JUST ONCE!!!!

I ain't that lucky u know.. though I have mastered the art of multi-tasking ;)

1:39 AM  
Blogger Varkey said...

Who was talking abt u?

is tat Guilty conscience?

2:18 AM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Guilty conscience... and me.... This leads us to another question.... WHO ALL DO U CHAT WITH... that u gotta wait for them...???

gottcha!!! hehe

2:22 AM  
Blogger Varkey said...

U got me there ! I chat ONLY with you. Did you have to rub it in :'(




Ps: PPl who think that it was me whom u were chatting with all the while.. sorry to disappoint you guys. It was an imposter, with a fake id.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

lol ok...Patience is actually not virtue in some cases...impatience is :)

Keshi.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

Thanks for the Advice... will start practicing that from now on!

and let this b a warning to the person who makes me wait online >:)

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home