Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gifts

I was watching the serial ‘According to Bex’ yesterday. It is Bex’s birthday and the guys in the series want to buy her a gift, and each of them comes to her and asks her what she wants, and like a Typical Female, she wouldn’t tell … and wants the guy to ‘Put some thought into it’ ….

They showed a scene where Bex is anchoring a discussion on ‘Why men are crap at buying gifts’

Is that true?

Guys have a tendency to think

‘I’ll give a cheque /voucher which he/she can use to buy something he/she likes, instead of me buying something that he/she might not like’

Guys, this works well if u are buying the gift for a guy ,BUT it is the biggest mistake we can make when it is for a girl, buy them something … buy them something absolutely useless … they will like it better than the cheque. Actually it turns out to be cheaper too ;) buy them a bunch of flowers, or chocolate and you got yourself a very happy girl.

Girls on the other hand usually spend too much time in the shop, checking out things and invariably end up buying some mushy message wall hanging, or something that can be kept on your desk.. C’mon girls … have you seen a guy’s desk? Where do you think he will find space to keep it? I’m NOT telling not to buy us gifts :) buy us something useful…

My friend bought me a ‘Scrabble’ I still haven’t opened it, I am waiting for my next birthday, she has promised to buy me a dictionary and come play scrabble wit me. I don’t think she will keep the promise since she won’t be in town for my next birthday. But then that is one gift I wont forget :).

The best dialogue in the episode of ‘According to Bex’ was that of a guy who goes

‘364 days of the Year, you tell us that we don’t understand you, and on this one day you expect us to be Mind readers!’

Girls IT IS TRUE… we are crap at buying gifts … so help us, tell us what you want.

Till that happens I will be on the safer side , Bunch of Flowers & a Box of chocolate it is.
PS: Make sure you dont tell all the guys you want the same thing.I remember once i told i wanted a Nail Cutter and ended up getting 4 of em!

15 Comments:

Blogger Jewel Rays said...

HAHA GREAT Post!

"Actually it turns out to be cheaper too ;) buy them a bunch of flowers, or chocolate and you got yourself a very happy girl."

*agreeing with a smile indeeds..Its betta when they put some effort into it..Makes us real happy..haha:P

"‘364 days of the Year, you tell us that we don’t understand you, and on this one day you expect us to be Mind readers!’"

*funny lol *great stuff*

"Till that happens I will be on the safer side , Bunch of Flowers & a Box of chocolate it is"

*receiving that every year would be BOring..surprises help at times..hAHA

"I remember once i told i wanted a Nail Cutter and ended up getting 4 of em! "

*been thru that..GOSH!

Love this post!!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Varkey said...

Mayb i should make a list of gifts... kinda Cheat sheet for guys planning to buy gals gifts :) ... wanna Help?

2:38 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

haha yeah i dun mind...:P

1) flowers
2) Jewellery
3) chocolates
4) Scented Candles
5) Shopping vouchers (shoes, clothes etc)..HAHA :P
6) perfume
7) WAtches (get fashionable ones pls.)haha :P
8) Earrings
9) Cards
10) things hand made by you
11) things or frames with her name on it
12) Crystal decor if she likes table tops decor
13) books? haha..if she reads?
14) MUSIC (her fav CD/music)


erm...hope this works !

well just a rush through list..

all i can think of for now..:P

*smiles*

4:11 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

duhhhh I know...guys r so baaaaaaaaaaaaaad at gifts ;-)

Here's my list incase u ever get a chance to buy me something lol!


1.Angel and musical ornaments
2.Perfumes
3.Flowers
4.Lipstick and eye makeup
5.Fancy earrings, bangles
6.Designer footwear
7.Photos of us framed
8.A big hug or a special kiss ;-)


Keshi.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

hey man thanks for dropping by...

:)

will come back later...

8:17 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

@ my unveilings : 14 gifts would last a long time
Hand made things sound good ... Better start learning something !

and 5) Shopping vouchers guess gals wont mind one of em with the other 13 ..eh :-P

12:58 AM  
Blogger Varkey said...

@Keshi
One Big Hug coming your way
*BIG HUG* lol this is one fun gift... mayb i should give them to all the girls :D

1:00 AM  
Blogger Nisha said...

How generous are u... :D First we need to answer that question, before I send u a list :-))

Knowing u for last 4 yrs... wat's the max u've bought for me..

Think.... think....

:P

2:04 AM  
Blogger Vishnu said...

i find difficult to choose the gift...


Cheers!

:)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

AWWW shopping vouchers..!! OUCH ! Thats pretty hot!!hehe if u get the right one..;)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

lol @hugs...hmmm ok now I know what kinda hugs u would give Varkey...the kind that comes with supa-glu lol!


Keshi.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

@icy
I had agreed i am lousy at gifts :D

dont send me te list ... I have already decided on what to give u this time ... A TShirt with gecko prints >:)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

The worst prank ever...... I saw a monitor filled with.... Li****s.... how can u do tht to me...

~ hug = solid kick...

12:39 AM  
Blogger Nisha said...

kick in FRONT :P

12:44 AM  
Blogger Varkey said...

OUCH...That hurt !

Lucky for me u can reach only up to my Shin :-P

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home