Monday, November 07, 2005

Learning it the hard way

Monday afternoon, sitting at home, jobless, after all I am on vacation, No TV, dad, mom, niece, aunt all asleep. Sis comes up.

“Do you have any work in Ernakulam?”

“No, why?”

“Can you take me to the Beauty parlor near St:Theresa's ? I need to do Henna, will take only 30 mins”

I am getting bored anyway, so what the hell, will take her there, after all, this place is just behind St: Theresa’s college ;).

“Sure”

4:00 Pm we leave, haven’t driven the car for a long time now, Open road, beautiful view of the ‘Goshree Road’ from Vypin to Ernakulam.. I feel the need… The need for speed: D

4:15 … reached Ernakulam and the Beauty parlor just behind St: Theresa’s. Sis goes up.

“I’ll give you a call when I’m done here”

“Ok, I’ll b around” * grin *
Found a place to park the car. Now time to get back and check out what Ernakulam has to offer.
4:16 am in position.

4:30 no chicks in sight.

4:40 *getting frustrated* … no chick, am I late? Naw … cant be.

4:45 suddenly it struck me … DAMN,it is Diwali, that is the first reason I am at Home!! So much for the STC Chicks!! At least 30 mins needed for my sister’s henna is up.

5:00 No call from sis. And no one answers the phone either.

5:15 Enough of waiting, shall walk to MG road, called up Shreyas.. and gets the usual
“I’m off to see a client, will call u up later” I know him too well for that.

5:25 MG road … hmm the place has changed, Meets Shani, she is in a hurry, promised her that I’ll visit her on Friday. (she must be thinking ‘Yeah rite … I know him too well for tat ‘ ) Still no news about my sister.

6:00 reaches back, goes to Archies, It is dad’s Bday, checked out for some cards. Nothing good here! But finds a cute looking cup wit the words ‘Dad ur the best’ the cup is all of 1 inch tall. But then I like small things, Sure it is dad’s Bday…. But I am the one buying the gift :-P

6:15 waiting outside the parlor… no call …. Yeah rite 30 min henna job, have been here for more than 2 hrs. It starts drizzling. Runs into the nearest shopping center.

6:20 people eying me suspiciously, some giving me the ‘Poor dude must be waiting for his girlfriend behind her college’ look and some giving me the ‘ Son, all the girls have gone home, cant you go home at least now? ‘look!!

6:45 Finally she calls …

“Sorry I am late, had a haircut before the henna”

“2 ‘n a half hours for tat? “

“Had to shape my eye brows too”

“Yeah rite, BTW why did you cut your hair?”

“ Ohh … they charge for the henna job based on length of your hair”

*confused* “And so you cut your hair?”

“Yeah”

“Hey next time you ask me to take you to the beauty parlor, can we time it so that I can watch a movie while I wait.”

“Did you get bored waiting?”

Hell no, I learned one more thing about women (Mothers, sisters, girlfriends, Friends Included) the hard way. DO NOT Wait while they are in the Beauty parlor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dinesh Babuji said...

Your experience with enough and more girlfriends shud've taught you that before! ;-)

2:31 AM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Beauty parlour...??? Just beauty parlour... have u tried going SHOPPING with them...?? That'll be the test of all patience... (PS: I am a quick shopper so dont compare me with the other "girls" :D

I've gone shopping with a GIRL friend... Man.. i wanted to shoot her!!!! She tried out some 10 outfits and at the end "No, I was just window shopping, I'll come back later"
And if it were just one shop its fine...this covered all the clothes shop in Forum...

@#$@# Later my foot!!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Varkey said...

@ Din... Wish i actually had the 'Enough and more' Girlfriends u are talking abt

@ Icy i said 'I learned one more thing about women '
and if u call urself a quick shopper, i can imagine how the others would b! and you are better than ur Friend ... atleast u bought something after going to EVERY shop in Commercial Street AND the sidestreets there !!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home